Looking for a 55-inch TV under $500? You will be surely looking for a popular brand like Sony, Samsung, Hisense, Panasonic or LG. Most of the people prefer 55-inch TV for their bedroom regardless of the space in their room. It is the most popular TV size for them. Some big sizes are also available in the market, but their first preference is mostly a 55-inch TV.
If your budget is up to 700 dollars then check this: Top 5 Best 55-Inch TV Under 700
Buying a 55-inch TV is not a hard nut to crack but the users do not know the qualities they need to check in a good TV. They do not know how to select the best TV for their bedroom. There are some important factors they should consider before selecting their desired TV. They only look for a stylish outlook, lots of modern features and a popular brand name. Usually, they look for Sony, Samsung or LG brand when they visit to the market. A big brand name is sufficient for them.
Well, these are not enough. They need to check some other factors too. Here, I am going to list all the factors you should consider before purchasing your favorite TV.
Display (IPS, TN & VA)
IPS, TN & VA are technical terms. I will not go in too much detail. Let me explain in simple words. These show the blend of colors. Suppose, you are looking for a dark scene in a TV set, you will miss some details if it does not have VA (Vertical Alignment) of colors in it. The VA renders good colors with rich details. Samsung TV comes with VA technology. Not only the light colors but also the dark colors appear in perfect detail. Some LCDs come with IPS (In-Plane Switching) slab. It is good, but the VA is the latest technology. If a TV comes with VA colors, you should select it.
TN Panels for Higher Brightness
Some people intend to use their TV for gaming purpose. Such people should select a TV with TN panels. These panels come with low latency. These TVs come with higher brightness and they do not consume much power. Another blessing of God is that these screens are less expensive. Furthermore, the TV with TN technology has good viewing angle because it is used for gaming.
The most important point to note is the HDR display. It represents High Dynamic Range and it shows the perfect brightness. The content is highly visible. There is nothing blurred while you are watching your favorite TV shows. HDR quality brings more realistic content and brighter results. While selecting a TV, you need to check whether this product has HDR quality or not? The HDR technology comes in different forms such as HDR, HDR 10, UHD and Dolby Vision, etc.
It is the latest technology that shows the resolution of the screen. Usually, the screen resolution is 1080p. When you see that a TV comes with 4K HDR, it means the screen resolution is 4 times brighter and clearer than the usual 1080p. So, 4K resolution shows that it is 3840 x 2160 that is clearer and exceptionally stunning to view.
Another very important factor is the viewing angles. Some TVs come with off-axis technology to some angles. Check the angles for off-axis. You will see that some popular TV brands offer 45-degrees off-axis and some others offer a 30-degree off-axis for viewing angles. Check the display from the front that shows zero angles. Now, go to the right and left sides and check the display quality from 30 and 40-degree angles. If the content is clear and the quality of the content remains the same, you can select it. It is particularly important to check if you want to keep your TV in a wide room. The people who have a large family should also check this factor first of all.
Audio Quality cannot be checked at the standard level. You need to check the audio quality in different content such as News, Songs, Movie, Sports, and documentaries. Now check the volume at different levels. Check the highest volume to know whether it is bursting or dispersed? If the sound quality remains stunning on all levels, it is your perfect TV.
Currently, all popular brands are trying to introduce Smart Technology in their products. Check your TV whether it contains Smart technology like voice command or Smart Home connectivity with Remote control, etc. Check this feature on your TV.
Modern Input Options
Every new model of all popular brands comes with lots of modern input options. You need to check the connectivity ports such as HDMI ports, USB, Speaker, Headphone, Wi-Fi connectivity port, and other input options. If it does not contain these options, you will feel a bit embarrassed before your family and friends for having an old model of TV.
Price is another factor you need to consider before you go to the market. Definitely, you will not want to live from hand to mouth after purchasing an expensive TV. Check your budget and select a TV under $500.
Best 55-Inch TV Under $500
1. Samsung Electronics NU6900 4K Smart LED TV 55 Inch
- The stylish flat-panel gives it a modern look. Samsung presents NU6900 with 4K HD with a powerful UHD engine. The content is realistic and clearer.
- Purcolor technology brings millions of colors to enhance the life-like viewing experience. The soft and light colors appear more accurate and the darker colors come with rich details.
- Motion Rate 120 technology brings a blur-free experience in fast-moving content. You see nothing blurred for a single moment while watching your favorite sports and fast-moving scenes in movies.
- A Single universal guide brings all your favorite live TV shows and movies to one place. You can watch the content on YouTube, HBO, Netflix, and other apps instantly.
- The stylish and elegant outlook of Samsung NU6900 adds more charm to your place. The slim design makes it perfectly adjusted in even a smaller or a panoramic room.
- The remote is simple and easy to use with a few functions. Even, the kids find it easy to operate through the remote control.
- You can share your mobile content on Samsung NU6900. It is compatible with all Smartphone.
- The built-in Steam Link app brings your favorite games in all genres at one place. So, you can stream your desired games with stunning graphics and high-quality sound.
- The latest HDR10+ technology presents the highest quality of display scene by scene.
- 4K UHD display
- Flat LED TV
- High-quality sound
- Clean Cable to hide the cables
- Clearer and realistic color contrast and sharpness
- Built-in gaming app
2. LG 49UM7300PUA Alexa Built-in 55 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- LG presents LED TV with 4K UHD HDR technology. It delivers high-quality content with rich details. It contains Ultra Accurate Color technology to display a perfect blend of colors and sharpness. The brightness of light and dark shades is stunning. Bright scenes look brighter and the dark scenes reveal even more details.
- It contains IPS technology that enhances the color contrast and offers a wide viewing angle. You can watch TV from the front and even from the sides. Even, if you are sitting on an extreme end in the room, the content quality remains the same.
- webOS 3.5 Smart TV technology allows you to watch 70 premium channels. This technology gives you access to the Channel Plus app. Furthermore, you can enjoy your favorite movies by using the Channel Plus app.
- It allows you to connect to 100 free IP channels. It gives you access to Netflix where you can watch your favorite shows and movies without restriction.
- A La Carte TV technology offered by LG brings the live TV service for you. It allows you to create your own playlist. Even, you can customize your favorite TV channels in different categories to access them any time easily.
- Clearer and stunning display
- Realistic and brighter colors
- Stunning sound quality
- webOS technology
- Input options for HDMI, speakers, Ethernet, and USB
- Does not contain wide color gamut
3. Insignia NS-55DF710NA 19 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR
- Insignia presents proudly its 4K UHD Smart TV with Fire TV Edition. With more than 8 million pixels, it delivers clearer display with deep contrast of colors.
- The built-in Fire TV brings thousands of TV channels and apps such as Netflix, Vue, HBO, YouTube and many more. You can access your desired content any time by using an HD antenna that is available separately.
- Voice Remote feature allows you to control access and watch the content by using your voice command.
- Furthermore, the Smart Home Technology enables you to control your Smart Home devices by using the remote.
- It comes with multiple input options such as HDMI, USB, audio, Ethernet and some others.
- Stunning 4K HDR display
- Perfect viewing angles
- Input options available for USB, Ethernet, and HDMI
- Voice Remote
- Hands-free control of the content
- Not an HDR-compatible device
4. TCL 55S517 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV
- TCL 55S517 comes with 5-Series 4K Roku TV feature. It combines with Dolby Vision HDR for striking display and seamless colors in all types of contents.
- This product offers you thousands of channels. However, you can select your favorite channels to bring them into a watch list. So, it is easy for you to watch only selective channels by using its intuitive remote.
- The NBP Photon technology presents a wide range of colors. The true-to-life colors make the content more enjoyable.
- The built-in Roku TV allows you to watch your favorite content on Hulu, Pandora, Netflix, YouTube, ESPN, and many more channels. You do not need to add an antenna or cable to watch them. The built-in Roku TV brings all of your favorite channels at one place in your direct access.
- The simple remote device comes with voice control technology. You can use voice command to launch a channel, to change it or to get a movie title, etc.
- It contains the built-in WiFi and HDMI connectivity technologies.
- 4K UDR display
- The stunning clarity of content with realistic colors
- Exceptional sound quality
- Voice Control feature
- Slim and stylish product
- No port for hands-free in Remote control
5. VIZIO E E55-F1 54.5 Inch 2160p LED-LCD TV
- VIZIO E E55-F1 brings 4K UHD with Dolby Vision display for a clearer and exceptional picture quality. The picture quality and color contrast are life-like to make your TV watching experience more enjoyable.
- VIZIO offers high-quality sound on different levels for a variety of content. You will experience an audible sound quality in news, music, and movies without bursting on high volume.
- This slim and stylish LED TV is easy to fit any congested or panoramic room.
- It has a simple and intuitive user interface with a simple remote to operate. Due to its simplicity, even a child can operate it easily.
- This LED TV contains the latest connectivity technology such as USB, HDMI, WiFi, and Ethernet, etc.
- 4K HD display
- Realistic color contrast and sharpness
- Input options for USB, HDMI, Wireless and Ethernet
- High-quality sound in all levels of volume
- No Smart technologies
- Lacks built-in app to access Hulu, Netflix or YouTube