Nowadays, 55-Inch TV is the most popular choice for the viewers. Although there are some larger options too, still the people prefer a 55-inch TV due to the panoramic view, surging technologies and other features. While searching for the best TV, you might be looking for such an option that comes with something looking stylish, high picture quality, perfect sound quality, and some other features. The more confusing part of shopping a good TV is the types of technology available in the market. If you visit the market, you will see LED, LCD, OLED, Quantum dots, HDR and many more types of TVs. These are unfamiliar choices for you and of course for the majority of people. So, you need to understand the technical points before visiting the market so that you could make a good choice.
If your budget is up to 1000 dollars then check this: Top 5 Best 55-inch TV Under 1000
There are many brands available in the market, but they may be presenting 55-inch TV at high prices. Resultantly, their products are not easily affordable. So, how to buy a good quality budget TV under $600? Here are some tips you can follow while purchasing the TV.
The first thing to check in your 55-inch TV is its resolution. Usually, the resolution remains 1080p or lower. Some good brands offer 2160p (4K UHD, 2160 x 3840). If you are selecting a TV for your kitchen or a smaller room, 1080p resolution is sufficient. However, for a panoramic place, you need to look for 2160p resolution that is perfect. The content in 2160p resolution seems spectacular.
Screen size matters a lot while you are purchasing a good TV. 55-inch is a moderate size currently. But you can select a smaller or larger size according to the space where you have to keep it. Good 55-inch to 65-inch TV can be purchased in $600 to $700. The distance of 1.5 times of the given size is a recommended by the experts. So, select a screen size according to the place where you want to keep it.
Another important thing you need to check the High Dynamic Range in your 55-inch TV. It is the latest technology in TV sets. The common people cannot understand technological terms easily. So, let me define HDR in easy words.
HDR is the most important technology in the TV industry that delivers brighter pictures. So, the picture quality should be HDR. The shows and movies in HDR-compatible TV sets are brighter and more enjoyable.
Well, the picture quality and HDR is easy to differentiate if you have two different brands TV sets side by side and both of them are playing the same content.
Another important aspect is the viewing angles. You need to check the viewing angles of a 55-inch TV. View the content on TV from zero Angle. Now, move to the 30 degrees to the left or right and view the picture quality. If it is same, it means the viewing angle from the centre and sides is the same. Some TVs come with 30 degrees off-axis and some others possess 45 degrees off-axis. So, you need to check the off-axis viewing angles too before making a choice. The best will be 45 degrees off-axis because it gives you the same view of content that you could see from the front.
While purchasing a 55-inch TV, you will often see the products with 4K or simply with “Ultra High Definition TV” terms. 4K shows the next-gen video quality that could not find in the old brands of TV screens. Furthermore, the 4K technology delivers 4 times the current 1080p resolution with vertical and horizontal resolution. Make sure, you are buying a TV with 4K UHD instead of a Faux K. The colours in 4K are a bit sharp and the picture brightness is at its peak.
The realistic colors can be easily checked. No need to explain this point in details. You can easily differentiate between the real and unrealistic colors. Some TV show dark colors as the realistic ones such as the red and green colors. But the light colors such as yellow, sky blue and pink are a bit unrealistic. So, check the colors before you select a 55-inch TV under $600.
The contrast actually shows a perfect point between the darkest and brightest points. The colors and the content are viewable at zero contrast. Currently, the contrast point is known as “High contrast” in HDR-compatible TV sets.
LED-backlit LCD VS OLED
You will hear different technologies such as LED-backlit LCD and OLED, etc. You need to differentiate between both of them. The LED-backlit LCD comes with more lifespan whereas; OLED has a limited lifespan. Usually, an OLED technology TV has 100,000 hours of full brightness and then the brightness lowers by 50%. The 500 nits come at 250 nits. The main reason for that is the HDR content that shortens the lifespan of an OLED TV. So, if you want to buy a TV with a long lifespan, you need to get an LED-backlit LCD TV. If you are not interested in a long lifespan, you can select OLED TV.
You need to buy a TV with a simple mechanism that is user-friendly and easy to understand for every family member. If you select a TV with lots of features, it will be difficult to operate for everyone. Resultantly, you will have an unpleasant experience of watching it.
Select a TV with all modern input options such as HDMI, USB, RF Composite, Headphone jacks, Ethernet and other important options. If you select a product that has limited input options, the functionality of your TV will be decreased. You cannot connect the media with it. So, you feel embarrassed before your friends for not having input options on your new TV.
Warranty & Customer Service
Think about the warranty before you go to buy a 55-inch TV. It keeps your money safe. If there is no or least warranty for a product, don’t select it. Furthermore, it should have a reliable customer service. The customer service is a very important aspect you need to check before making a choice. If some features are not functional or something seems complicated, you can resolve easily by using the customer service.
Best 55-Inch TV Under 600
Here are the top 5 best 55-inch TV under $600. I have tried to provide you with all top brands in this price range. See the list and select the perfect TV for your home/office.
1. Samsung Electronics UN55MU6300 55-Inch UK Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- It comes with colorful HDR picture quality. The Smart TV user-interface of Samsung gives you the best experience of using it.
- OneRemote feature makes Samsung Electronics UN55MU6300 capable of voice navigation to provide you with faster access to the streaming content.
- The 4K Color Drive brings the vibrant and pure colors in the content. The true-to-life colors make the content incredibly attractive to watch.
- 4K HDR Pro makes the color contrast sharp to give you the best transition from dark to light.
- Even the darkest scenes in UN55MU6300 are not the darkest in fact. They reveal more details due to the Essential Black Pro technology used by Samsung.
- The UHD Resolution comes with 4X more pixels. So, the resolution is 4 times clearer in the product as compared to a common brand.
- The Motion Rate 120 brings the sports and other fast-moving content in a realistic way. You never feel like you are watching a movie or sports program. You feel yourself a part of the content due to the crisp and smooth action in every fastest scene.
- OneRemote allows you to control all your compatible devices with the remote control of this device. It detects and automatically controls all the devices connected to the TV. You do not need to control them manually. But internet connection is required to control them. Furthermore, the devices should be connected to the same network.
- Samsung Smart Hub allows you to play the content from USB and other storage devices. It supports HDMI, USB, Ethernet, and other devices.
- Smart Hub
- Smart Remote
- UHD picture quality
- Realistic Colors
- 4K UHD resolution
- Free 60-days technical support
- Not a 360 Design
- No Auto Depth Enhancer
2. LG Electronics 55UK6300PUE 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- LG Electronics 55UK6300PUE comes with a slim and seamless body to fit in a larger or smaller room easily. It comes with Artificial Intelligence ThinQ and becomes a hub to convert your home into a smart home.
- By using the Intelligent Voice control technology, you can view the family photos; manage light settings and other features. It also allows you to check the weather and the latest news.
- The latest quad-core processor reduces the video noise, improves sharpness and maintains the best level of color contrast.
- LG Electronics 55UK6300PUE brings 4K high dynamic range that supports HDR 10 and HLG. The LG’s Advanced Tone-Mapping technology in 55UK6300PUE provides you optimization of every scene.
- webOS Smart TV feature in these products enables you to play your desired content from any device. You can play TV shows, movies, sports programs and online content from Netflix, Hulu, and HBO, etc. LG Magic Remote allows you to access your favourite content with the press of a button.
- Stunning 4K Resolution
- Sleek and slim design
- IPS Display
- Best color contrast
- 60-Days free technical support
- Bad support for Wi-Fi
3. LG Electronics 55UJ6300 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- LG Electronics 55UJ6300 is an ideal TV with 4K UHD technology. Smart and slim TV is perfect for small flats and larger rooms at the same time.
- The product contains webOS 3.5 Connectivity. It allows you to access your desired apps such as Hulu, YouTube, Amazon, and NetFlix, etc.
- The direct-lit LED technology in it produces a great quality picture that creates living effects. Every scene gives you a realistic experience.
- It comes with 4K Ultra HD technology to deliver the lifelike picture with enhanced quality of brightness.
- TruMotion 120 technology delivers the fastest scenes without blur. So, you can enjoy watching your favorite sports programs and movies with minimal motion blur.
- It supports HDMI, USB and Ethernet inputs.
- Slim and Smart TV
- 4K UHD picture quality
- Clearer the fastest moving scenes
- Best color contrast
- Supports different input devices
- Free 60-Days technical support
- Not much bright for dark scenes
- Voice quality is average
4. Samsung Electronics UN55MU8000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- Premium UHD Technology delivers brilliant picture quality. The lifelike colors with billions of more shades expand your vision. You never miss a detail while watching it.
- Expanded Color Depth technology used by Samsung gives you the extremely realistic contrast of colors. This product brings more colors to your life by using 4K Color Drive Extreme. You see a clear contrast between the darkest and the lightest content.
- Triple Black technology included in this TV allows you to view even the darkest scenes with rich details. You will never miss anything in classical movies or plays due to the dark scenery.
- The fast-moving content seems clearer and crispier due to the Motion Rate 240. It allows you to watch every scene without being blurred. The fastest scenes in sports and movies deliver a lifelike experience with nothing missed.
- 4K UHD true-to-life picture quality
- Best picture resolution
- Displays darker scenes with rich details
- Slim and smart size
- Comes with a 360-degree design
- Supports HDMI, USB, and Ethernet
- No Auto Depth Enhancer
- Voice quality is average
5. Vizio D55-D2 D-Series 55-Inch Class Full-Array LED Smart TV
- VIZIO brings Full-Array LED Backlight – Distributes LEDs with the exceptional quality brightness and picture. It delivers the best quality in every dark and bright scene in TV shows, movies, and plays.
- The Internet Apps Plus allows you to instantly access the latest movies, TV shows and music from Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, and many others.
- Clear Action 240 technology in Vizio TV is the combination of enhanced motion clarity. You get the sports and other fastest scenes without blur due to it. This technology works with a 120Hz refresh rate to process the images swiftly and smoothly.
- The built-in-WiFi allows you to connect with Vizio internet apps plus. So, you can enjoy direct access to Vizio internet apps plus without using many steps.
- High-quality picture
- Good quality sound
- Instant access to VIZIO Internet Apps Plus
- Stunning sharpness
- No 4K UHD display