In TVs, the people mostly prefer 55-inch size because it is perfect for a larger and a standard room size. Due to its ideal size, 55-inch TV is the most popular product for the viewers. It is neither small nor large enough to fit into a standard room. If you are looking for a 55-inch TV, you must be looking for the best choice. Good colors, sharpness, brighter display, stylish look, modern features, and good sound quality will be your preference in it. But, it becomes a bit confusing to understand the terminology of the sellers when you step into the market to get a suitable TV. They tell you something like LED, OLED, LCD, HDR, Quantum dots and this kind of other technologies available for the customers. The things become confusing rather than simpler for you to understand. Well, I am going to explain all the technical points in very easy words so that you could easily understand what they are offering and you could make a good choice.
If your budget is up to 500 dollars then check this: Top 5 Best 55-Inch TV Under 500
When you visit the market, you see different brands in 55-inch TV. All the top-rated brands offer high-priced products whereas; trying the new brands may be a risk. As a result, it becomes difficult to decide which product you should select. Here, I am going to explain some tips you should consider before selecting the best 55-inch TV for your bedroom/office. You can select any brand if you see the following qualities in its product.
The most important factor you need to consider is the screen resolution. Generally, it is 1080p or lower. But you need to check 4K Ultra High Definition that comes in 2160p x 3840p. If you are selecting a smaller sized TV such as 21-inch, 1080p is sufficient. But for 55-inch product, you should look for 2160 x 3840. It is a perfect resolution for the said size. The content in this resolution seems enjoyable.
Most of the people who visit the market to buy a TV for the first time do not know what is 4K UHD? Let me explain this term. UHD means Ultra High Definition. 4K means 4 times Ultra High Definition video quality. So, the 4K UHD means the technology that delivers exceptional stunning display. Simply, if you are buying a TV with 4K UHD, it means it delivers 4 times 1080p resolution. Make sure, you are selecting a 55-inch TV with 4K UHD technology for a brighter and sharp display. There will be a Faux K technology in TV sets. That is also good, but that will deliver a bit blurred content after a few years. So, for a longtime good TV, you need to select 4K UHD.
LED-backlit, OLED, LCD
When you enter the market, the sellers tell you about different technologies such as LED-backlit, OLED and LCD, etc. You do not know how to differentiate between these terms. Let me explain these technical terms in simple words. The OLED has a limited lifespan whereas; the LED-backlit and LCD have a longer lifespan. When you are using an OLED technology TV, it will deliver full brightness for 100,000 hours and then the brightness will reduce to 50%. The 500 nits come at 250 nits. It is mainly because the HDR content of TV reduces the lifespan of OLED TV. So, when you see two popular choices i.e. LED-backlit LCD and OLED, you need to make a good choice. If you are only interested in good quality content and you are not interested in a long lifespan TV, you can select OLED.
High Dynamic Range
Another factor you need to check is the High Dynamic Range that is called HDR in common words. It is the latest technology for TVs. The commoners may not understand this term fully. Let me explain it in easy words. HDR is related to the brighter picture. If the picture quality is in High Dynamic Range, it should be clearer and brighter. The pixels will be more in numbers and the content such as movies and shows will be more enjoyable. If you are viewing two different TVs side by side, you can easily compare the HDR and picture quality in both of them. While selecting a 55-inch TV for your home, consider a product with HDR technology.
If you want to keep your 55-inch TV in a panoramic room, you need to check the viewing angles of TV. Most of the customers do not check this factor and even they are not well-versed with it. When they keep the TV in their wide room, the people sitting on the left or right side cannot view the content clearly. The people sitting in the center may be enjoying the movie or show fully, but the people on side remain uneasy. It is due to the bad viewing angles of TV. That’s why; you need to check the viewing angles of 55-inch TV before buying it. Check the content from zero angles. Now, go to the 30 degrees to the right and then to the left and view the content. If the content quality remains the same from zero Angle and 30-degree angles from the right and left, it is a perfect TV. Some TVs come with 40-degree off-axis and others come with 45-degree off-axis. Before selecting a TV for your room, you need to check the off-axis angles.
Simple in Functions
Since you are going to select a family TV; you should choose a product that is simple in functions. If it has many buttons and it is complicated to operate, you may not understand the mechanism properly. Ultimately, you need to get the help from a technician to understand it. Furthermore, a TV with lots of complicated functions will not be easy to operate for children and grandpas. So, buying such a TV will bring an unpleasant experience of watching TV.
The colors should be brighter and realistic. I don’t think that I should explain this point in details. You can check the colors easily to differentiate between the realistic and unrealistic colors. Some TV shows the unrealistic dark colors such as green and red colors. Others show the faded light colors such as yellow, pink, sky blue and off-white colors. So, you need to check the balanced and realistic colors of the content before you make a choice.
The color contrast should be perfect. It is very easy to check. There should be a perfect blend of dark and light colors and the brighter and darker points should be beautifully contrasted. View the content at zero contrast. Currently, the zero contrast point is in HDR-compatible TV is called “High contrast.”
Modern Input Options
Another important point is the input options. If your TV comes with all modern input options such as USB, RF composite, HDMI, speakers, Headphone, Ethernet and other points, it is the best TV to select. If you select a TV that has a lack of these input options, the functionality of your TV will be decreased. You cannot connect it with media. Resultantly, it will be a bit embarrassing for you before friends that your TV lacks all modern features.
Warranty & Customer Service
Before making a choice, ask for the warranty of your product. If you want to keep your money safe, you need to check its warranty. If there is no or less warranty, forget that product. Besides the warranty, there should be active customer service for your TV. It is a very important aspect you need to consider. Sometimes, a feature does not function well. If your product has an active customer service, you can easily access to the technician to get help. So, don’t ignore this factor because it plays a vital role after purchasing the product.
Best 55-Inch TV Under $700
1. Sony KD55X720E 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- Sony KD55X720E brings the upgraded viewing experience with 4K HDR display. The contrast, color, and brightness deliver a life-like experience of watching TV.
- The HDR combined with 4K Ultra HD screen resolution makes the TV watching experience more enjoyable. 4K X-Reality Pro upgrades the display into more clarity in buildings, trees, and other natural objects.
- Dynamic Contrast Enhancer used by Sony brings more texture and colors in every scene. The deep black scenes come with more details and with a more natural tone.
- Sony’s Motionflow XR technology does not let you miss even a single scene while you are watching the fast action movies or sports. The precise motion clarity can be experienced while watching your favorite content.
- You can quickly access to your favorite online apps such as Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube, etc. The remote contains Netflix and YouTube buttons and your favorite online platforms are only one-click away from you.
- The ClearAudio+ technology used by Sony brings stunning sound quality and enhanced sound for the viewers. You can listen to the sound and music with more clarity.
- The hidden cable panel keeps the wires hidden from the sight of other people and makes the sideways clean and cluttering-free.
- Stunning 4K HDR display
- Realistic colors
- High-quality sound with more clarity
- Quick access to YouTube and Netflix
- Easy to operate
- Input options for HDMI, Ethernet, and microphone, etc.
2. Samsung UN55RU800FXZA Flat 55” 4K UHD 8 Series Smart TV
- Samsung UN55RU800FXZA comes with 4K UHD 8 Series technology to bring captivating colors. The gorgeous life-like shading and rich details of every scene with more clarity make the content more enjoyable.
- Bixby, the voice control feature brings more ease for the users. Simply, change the channel, play your desired movie, open your favorite online platform by using the voice command.
- Dynamic Crystal Color technology brings the true colors with more brightness and sharpness. The realistic dark and light colors deliver the best entertainment experience.
- The cinematic sound quality enhances your game playing experience with stunning and loud sounds. You will not experience the tearing and stuttering sounds.
- It brings the wider viewing angles. So, from the center, from right and left, you will experience the same high-quality content.
- The Universal Guide feature allows you to find and play your favorite content from the live online platforms.
- OneRemote technology adds more comfort to your life. It automatically detects the connected devices and controls them with great ease.
- Stunning 4K HDR picture quality
- High-quality sound
- Realistic colors and sharpness
- Black and dark colors in rich details
- One Remote technology
- Voice command feature
3. TCL 55R617 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV
- TCL 55R617 brings more powerful and unparalleled picture quality for you. It comes with 6-Series 4K TCL Roku TV combined with Dolby Vision HDR for more enhanced colors.
- The NBP Photon technology of TCL makes the colors more realistic. It comes with thousands of channels with a simple user interface.
- The voice control feature allows you to search and view the content easily. The enhanced remote allows you to use the voice commands to search your favorite content and launch it within a second. Even, you can find the movies, launch them, change the channel and many other tasks by using the voice control feature.
- The stylish design makes the size compact to fit easily in a smaller and a panoramic room.
- It contains built-in WiFi, HDMI, Ethernet and headphone input options.
- Bright and clearer 4K display
- Enhanced sound quality
- Voice control content
- Input options
- Sharp colors
- No headphone jack in remote
4. LG 55UM7300PUA Alexa Built-in 55” 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- LG 55UM7300PUA comes with 4K UHD resolution for enhanced picture quality. The premium-quality content becomes more enjoyable due to the HDR10 and HLG technologies used by LG. These technologies combined with LG’s latest tone mapping technology optimize the quality of every scene with more clarity.
- Ultra Surround technology creates a clearer sound. The enhanced and high-quality sound is the most prominent feature of the LG 55UM7300PUA.
- LG ThinQ AI technology keeps you connected with all your Smart Home devices. See, hear and control your devices with AI now. The enhanced remote control of the TV allows you to manage all Smart Home devices.
- It comes with HDMI, Bluetooth, Wireless, USB and Ethernet input options.
- 4K HDR content
- Control Smart Home devices by using its remote control
- High-quality display with clearer sound
- Realistic colors
- Input options for HDMI, Bluetooth, USB, and Ethernet
5. LG Electronics 55UJ6300 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- This Smart LED TV by LG comes with 4K UHD HDR technology to deliver the premium quality content. The Ultra Accurate Color feature of LG 55UJ6300 brings the accurate sharpness and life-like brightness in colors.
- The balance of dark and light colors is perfect. Bright scenes look brighter and the dark scenes appear with more clarity and rich details.
- The IPS technology brings an enhanced contrast of colors with wide viewing angles. It allows you to watch TV from any angle while sitting in front or on the sides. Even, sitting on extreme end will not affect the display quality.
- webOS 3.5 Smart TV technology gives you free access to 70 premium TV channels by using the Channel Plus app in it. You can stream your desired videos by using this app.
- You get access to 100 free IP channels. You can access Netflix movies and shows without restriction.
- It introduces A La Carte TV feature that brings the live TV service for the viewers. You can create your favorite watch list and customize the channels according to different categories such as News, Kids, Fashion, Sports, and Comedy, etc.
- Stunning display
- Brighter and real-life colors
- Enhanced sound quality
- webOS technology
- USB, HDMI, Ethernet input ports
- No wide color gamut
- No local dimming