In the TV market, some major brands such as Samsung, Sony, and LG are dominating. Other brands such as Panasonic or Hisense have to defend their existence. However, the brand is not a key point to consider while purchasing a TV. Beyond the brand and its prestige, there must be something else to consider while selecting a good TV.
When you go to the market to buy a suitable TV for your house, you are in a chaotic situation. Mostly, the people do not know what TV they should select and what they should keep in mind while selecting it. A good buying guide is an oasis in the vast desert of information on TV. That’s why I will guide you on how to select a 55-inch TV in your budget.
If your budget is less than 600 bucks, check this: Top 5 Best 55-inch TV Under 600
When you are in the market, you see different brands, sizes, types, and even the picture quality if the TV is displaying something. There are some more important things to consider when you are selecting a 55-inch TV. Definitely, every person going to the market looks for good brands, price and the model of the TV only. The latest model may be his first preference. But I will recommend you to consider some other aspects too before buying a TV for your home/office. Let’s jump to the main factors you need to consider before buying your desired 55-inch TV.
IPS, TN & VA
There are three slabs in LCDs: The IPS (In-Plane Switching), TN and the VA (Vertical Alignment). Without going into many technical details, let me explain both of them in plain words. IPS panels render attractive colors, but when the dark scenes are displayed, there is a lack of depth. LG, Panasonic and Sony present TV sets with IPS panels. Contrary, VA panels present a good rendering of colors with rich details of blacks too. Samsung presents VA panels in TV sets.
The people interested in playing games on their TV should select a TV with TN panels because the TV with TN Panels displays low latency. The brightness of such TV is higher and they consume less power. The screens are also less expensive. Moreover, the TV coming with TN Panels contain a good viewing angle.
LCD, QLED, and OLED
There are two screen technologies you will see in the TV market. LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is the most widely used TV technology in the world. LCD is and old technology that was used to replace CCFL i.e. Fluorescent tubes. LCD illuminates the display and present a soft array of colors.
QLED is a VA type LCD that comes with full LED backlight system. It provides a more illuminated screen.
OLED screen comes with such a technology where every pixel produces its own light. So, it comes with infinite contrast.
Image Quality: Image quality is the most important factor you need to check while selecting a TV for your home. It is measured by Delta E that shows the comparison between two colors. It is perfect on OLED TV screens, but you need to check on LCD and QLED screens too. If the image is clear and realistic, you can select that TV.
It is the short form for High Dynamic Range that means the perfect brightness and visibility of content. The HDR quality of any TV provides you with the more realistic content and you see a brighter and clearer result. You need to check whether your TV has HDR quality or not? It may be in different forms like HDR, HDR 10 or Dolby Vision, UHD and 4K, etc. The 4K technology in HDR shows the display is 4 times more pixels i.e. the resolution is 3840 x 2160 that is the more visible and clearer.
Viewing angle is what makes a major difference while selecting a TV for a panoramic room. The image quality should be the same while watching from the front and from its diagonal sides. So, check the viewing angle and select a TV with no-angle technology. Some TVs come with a 30-degree viewing angle that shows its display remains the same while watching from the front up to 30 degrees. Some TVs come with zero viewing angles that show that you can view it from the side and from the front. These TV sets deliver the same view from every side.
When you are going to select a 55-inch TV for your bedroom, how can you neglect the audio quality? You need to check the audio quality. Go near to the TV and set the volume at different levels. Now, go to a distance and check volume at different levels. Check the highest volume to know how does it sound? Furthermore, check the volume on different channels such as in documentaries, songs, movie, and news, etc. if the audio quality is perfect, select it. If you see an average audio quality, don’t select that TV.
Another important thing is to check what latest connectivity ports your latest TV contains. Check if it contains HDMI port, USB port, Wi-Fi connection, Flash drive port and other important ports for connectivity. If it lacks such ports, don’t select such TV. By purchasing such a TV in 2019, you will get embarrassed before your friends and family members.
The modern TV comes with Smart technology. You need to check whether your selected TV has Smart technology or not. What are the ways to operate and control your TV content? Does it use the remote control or voice command or what other smart technologies it contains?
Price is, of course, a major factor. You should not go to dogs by spending all your savings on one TV. Visit the market and select the best and affordable one under $1000. I will recommend you to visit the market in the season of TV Promotions. At the beginning of the New Year, on Christmas or on Black Friday, the markets offer everything on discount rates. If you buy a TV on such an occasion, it will be far better for you. So, by using your mind, you can save some bucks to spend on any other thing.
Another important factor is the power consumption. Definitely, if you are selecting a 55-inch TV, it will consume a bit higher power. Usually, a 55-inch TV consumes less than 100 W/m2 power.
Best 55-inch TV Under 1000
1. Samsung UN55RU7300 55” RU7300 HDR 4K UHD Smart Curved LED TV
- The captivating 4K technology for clearer and vivid picture quality combines with an immersive curved design. Samsung presents UN55RU7300 with many spectrums of color. The PurColor technology in RU7300 delivers a realistic and clearer picture with a wide range of colors.
- The HDR delivers a wide range of shades as compared to the previous TVs with HDTV.
- Samsung includes Auto Depth Enhancer to this curved TV to give you a realistic effect of content.
- Curved Slim Design of this 55-inch TV is perfect to fit in a spacious and less spacious place as well.
- It comes with a large number of connectivity options such as HDMI and USB, etc.
- Soundbar Bundle in this product transforms your TV into a Home Theater. The sound quality is stunning and you love watching movies and playing games on it.
- This TV comes with the Universal Guide. It is easy to get access to your all favorite online resources such as Hulu, Netflix, HBO, and many others. The OneRemote technology automatically detects the content and operates it.
- The product contains Bluetooth 4.2 and NFC capability for wireless connectivity.
- 4K Display
- Stunning Sound Quality
- Powerful Processor
- Curved and Slim design
- Wireless connectivity
- Smart Features
2. Sony X800G 55-Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility
- Sony proudly presents X800G with 4K HDR to give you a more vivid and clearer display. The HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology in Sony X800G will change your way of watching TV. It comes with 4K Ultra HD resolution of 2160 x 3840. It delivers more realistic content with clarity and true-to-life content.
- It is compatible with HDMI, USB and other input devices. However, the cables for these ports are not included in the product box. You can purchase them separately.
- 4K X-Reality Pro technology in Sony TV reduces the on-screen noise and provides you with improved and dynamic content. The powerful 4K X-Reality Pro technology presents the movies and even darker scenes with rich details. You miss nothing while watching the darker scenes in classical movies and plays.
- Motionflow XR on Sony TV gives life to every action in the content. The fast-moving action does not seem like blurred. You see every frame of the content with clarity.
- Dynamic Contrast Enhancer adds more life and realistic effect on the content. It differentiates between light and dark portions of the image and contrasts with more details.
- Android TV technology enables you to connect it with your desired Android games and apps. You can connect it with “Sony’s Android” where you can find all the games in one place. The built-in Chromecast allows you to cast your desired apps to the TV. You can enjoy watching your favorite content directly on YouTube, Hulu, Pandora, Netflix, Amazon, and many other apps.
- It comes with a sophisticated and clean look by managing the wires in hidden cable panels. So, nothing is visible outside and the uncluttered and clean look makes it cool.
- 4K HDR for crystal-clear display
- High-quality sound
- Smart Technology
- Easy Access to all android apps
- Wireless connectivity
- No Netflix Calibrated mode
3. LG Electronics 55SK9000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- LG Electronics presents 55SK9000 with Artificial Intelligence known as ThinQ. It allows you to control all Smart home devices by using Voice command. The LG Magic Remote is the virtual assistant that enables you to control all Smart Home devices by using it.
- This product is also compatible with Amazon Alexa devices, but these devices are not a part of the product. Buy them separately if you intend to get them.
- Alpha7 Intelligent Processor brings incredibly stunning cinematic effects in the picture quality. Watch the truly lifelike content with high-quality contrast and sharpness.
- The 4K Cinema HDR combines with AI ThinQ supports Dolby Vision for a more vivid and crystal-clear image quality. The advanced Tone-mapping technology of LG Electronics brings rich details for every dark and darker scene.
- Nano Cell Display in LG product brings the true-to-life colors with a soft touch. All the realistic colors make your content watching experience more enjoyable.
- The Dolby Atmos technology in TV delivers stunning sound quality even on higher and lower volume. The same sound quality can be experienced in movies, songs, and games.
- It includes HDMI, Ethernet, USB, Audio Return Channel, and other inputs.
- The wireless connectivity support is also a part and parcel of this LG TV.
- 4K HDR Content
- The advanced process delivers a cinematic experience
- Built-in WiFi
- Supports HDMI, USB, Ethernet and other ports
- Crystal-clear display
4. TCL 55C807 55-Inch 4k Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV
- TCL proudly presents Roku TV with Dolby Vision HDR picture quality. The premium picture quality makes your content more enjoyable. The Dolby Vision combined with NBP Photon Technology makes the brightness, colour contrast and the contrast of black image more stunning.
- The TV comes with more than 4,000 TV channels and you can access the millions of movies and TV shows by using its Endless Entertainment feature. It has something for everyone in the family. You can access NetFlix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, and other platforms by using it.
- TCL TV also Supports Chromecast. You can cast your favorite movies from other apps to it.
- It allows you to connect the smartphone or tablet with it for a private listening. Use it remotely and stream content on your Android phone.
- The product comes with a voice command. So, it is easier for you to operate all Smart Home devices by using your voice. Its remote control works as your assistant.
- This super slim TV is easy to fit anywhere in your spacious or smaller bedroom.
- Super Slim in size
- HDR Picture quality
- Premium audio quality
- Sharp and lifelike colour contrast
- Supports Chromecast and Android Apps
- Average high-level volume
5. VIZIO M55-E0 SmartCast M-Series 55 Inch Class Ultra HD HDR XLED Plus Display 120Hz
- Vizio presents M55-E0 with 4K resolution 2160 x 3840. The Dolby Vision HDR combined with Ultra Color Spectrum makes the content vivid and crystal clear. The premium quality of sharp and realistic colours deliver an impressive picture.
- XHDR Technology offers premium brightness of colors and the realistic effects. You are not going to miss any pixel while watching a movie or play. The stunning brightness and an array of colors make your content more enjoyable.
- The XBE Plus allows you to view the blackest scenes even with rich details. Nothing is missed in dark scenes.
- Vizio M55-E0 supports HDMI, Ethernet, USB, and analog audio. You can connect the input devices to access the content from them.
- SmartCast Mobile in this product allows you to connect your mobile with it. You can browse and manage the content of your phone by using it.
- HDR display
- Premium colour contrast and sharpness
- Compatible with Android phone
- Supports HDMI, USB and Ethernet
- Volume is not satisfactory