Microsoft has released Windows 10 with innovative features for PC and also for mobile users. For mobile users, it’s known as Windows 10 Mobile. It’s the updated version of Windows 8.1 edition for smartphones. The users of Windows 8.1 edition can upgrade their phones to Windows 10 Mobile Edition.
Windows 10 Mobile Edition is Valid till December 10, 2019. Windows 10 Mobile users will receive no support and updates from Microsoft after December 10, 2019.
Download Windows 10 Mobile Edition
Currently, this update is not compatible with all handsets. It’s available for a few Lumia handsets. Here is the list of Lumia handsets compatible with Windows 10 Mobile Edition.
- Lumia 550
- Lumia 950/XL
- Lumia 630
- Lumia 635
- Lumia 636
- Lumia 638
- Lumia 730
- Lumia 830
If you are using any of the above handsets, check the system requirements before you move to the installation section.
- You need a minimum of 8GB internal storage space for it.
- Minimum 512 MB RAM is required. Generally, the requirement of RAM is according to the screen resolution. If the screen resolution is higher than 960 x 540, it requires 1GB RAM. For a screen resolution of 1440×900, you require 2GB RAM. In the same way, for a screen resolution 2048×1152, 3GB RAM and for resolution 2560×2048, a 4GB RAM is required.
- The minimum screen resolution should be 800×480.
- It supports MKV and HEVC video formats besides MP4, AVI, WMV, M4V, MOV, 3GP and some others.
- Before moving ahead to the installation of Windows 10 Mobile, backup your data.
- Charge your phone to avoid the drained battery issue while installing Windows.
Note: If you are using a phone running on Windows 8 or 8.1, you can upgrade to Win 10 Mobile for free. For an upgrade, Windows Insider helps bypass the current edition of Windows and upgrade to Windows 10.
Installation Method (Via Windows 10 DVD Ripper)
Another easy way to install Windows 10 Mobile to your Lumia handset is to use DVD Ripper.
- Download the DVD Ripper edition from the downloads section to a PC.
- Connect your phone via data cable with PC.
- Load a DVD into the DVD ROM.
- Open DVD Ripper and select the “DVD Disc” option from here.
- View the “Output Profile list” to check your phone’s compatibility with Windows 10 Mobile.
- In the list, you will see your phone’s model. Click to select it.
- Now, locate the destination folder in your phone where you want to save Windows 10 Mobile ISO file.
- Select “Run” to start transferring Windows 10 Mobile ISO to your Phone.
- Open the location where you have saved Windows 10 ISO, tap the setup file and select “Run” to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. The process will follow some restarts. So, wait until the process is over.
Installation Method (Via Windows Insider App)
- Make sure, your phone is running on Win 8.1. Click Here to Sign up for Windows Insider App.
- Now, download the “Windows Insider App” from Windows Phone Store.
- Install the app and launch it.
- Use your Microsoft account details to sign in the app.
- Click the option “Get Preview Builds” and click the speed of Insider too. The “Fast” option installs the updates that are instantly available. The “Slow” option brings more stable updates. The choice is yours.
- On the “Terms and Conditions” page, select “Accept” to proceed.
- Go to the “Settings” on your phone and open “Phone Update.”
- Here, select “Check for updates.”
- It will show you “Latest Windows 10 Builds.” Download it.
- Once, it is available, you need to install it by following on-screen instructions.
- During this process, your phone will restart several times. Don’t interrupt the setup and wait until it gets over.
That’s it, guys. You have successfully upgraded the phone from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Enjoy using its innovative features.
Windows 10 Mobile Edition Features
Windows 10 has a variety of new features for mobile users. Let’s have a bird’s eye view to know what does it contain for us?
One Platform harmonizes users of PC and Smartphone on one platform. They can connect their devices to exchange videos and documents. They don’t need a third-party app for this purpose.
Access your PC by using an Android phone. Using cross-platform devices brings a seamless experience for Windows 10 users. The syncing of notifications in PC by using Android phones is a novel experience and you enjoy it.
It brings the updated Cortana for users. Now, your digital assistant is more powerful and sharper. The search has been categorized in different sections like documents, images, web, and others. It’s faster and better now.
Mobile version brings upgraded Outlook Mail, Calendar, Facebook and Skype to keep you in touch with your friends and family. So, the life is even easier and more enjoyable.
Office Mobile suite is also upgraded. Now, view and edit your documents, presentations, and sheets without using a third-party app.
A variety of wallpapers and backgrounds is a part of Windows 10 Mobile. Users can customize them according to their desire. You can display the wallpapers behind translucent tiles. You don’t need to display them within the tiles now.
The photo app is a precious addition to Windows 10 Mobile. It fetches the content from your PC, mobile, and OneDrive and automatically syncs photos. You can label them, rearrange in different categories and retrieve them easily.