Microsoft released Home version in two editions: Windows 7 Home Basic and Home Premium. Every edition has the same basic features, but different unique features. The Windows 7 Home Premium is a particular edition for users with all important tools and utilities. Among Windows 7 versions, Home Premium has a more powerful backup and restore tools. It has a powerful backup tool. Unlike Home Basic, it has no geographical restriction. Furthermore, there is a separate ISO file for 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Download Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Here are the download requirements. Make sure to check them before starting the downloading.
- 1GHz or above processor
- 1GB RAM
- 15GB Hard disk
- DirectX 9 Graphics Processor
- A reliable internet connection
Methods to Create Windows 7 Bootable USB Drive [Installation Guide]
There are various methods to convert the ISO image into an executable file. I am using all of them below. Follow any of them and then follow the installation guide.
Method #1: Use Microsoft’s Tool to Create Bootable USB
- First, convert the ISO image into an executable file. You can do so by using Microsoft’s tool known as “Windows USB/DVD Download.”
- Click Here to download it.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Now, download Windows 7 Home Premium ISO from the links in the above section. The ISO image supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Right-click the tool and select “Run” to proceed.
- When it opens, you see the “Source File box.” Add the path of ISO file here. You can also use “Browse” to locate ISO automatically.
- Click “USB Device” from here to create a copy of ISO file on the USB drive.
- Now, click the option “Begin Copying” to copy the ISO image to the USB flash drive.
- Open the relevant folder to look for the “setup.exe” file. Double-click this file to start the installation process.
Method # 2: Use RUFUS to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive
If you don’t want to use Microsoft’s tool, use Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive. Just download it and create a bootable USB flash drive with a few clicks.
- Download Rufus.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Open Rufus Home Page
- Select “NTFS” from the drop-down menu to create a bootable disk for Windows 7 or XP.
- Here is a button like a DVD drive is located with the option “Create Bootable Disk Using.” Click this option.
- Select Windows 7 Home Premium ISO file.
- Click “Start” and the tool will start converting the ISO image into an executable file.
- Wait until the bootable USB drive is ready.
- Connect it with PC and reboot it to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
Method # 3: Create Bootable USB Flash Drive Via Command Prompt
If you are an expert user of Command Prompt, you can use it to create a bootable USB flash drive.
- Open the “Start” menu and click Command Prompt.
- When it is open, type the following commands and press the “Enter” key after every command.
- LIST DISK
- SEL DIS 1 (Instead of 1, type the drive number where you have saved Windows 7 Starter ISO file.)
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (You can select your desired drive size)
- FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=”WINDOWS 7”
- Here, click the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
Follow the steps below to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive with PC.
- Reboot PC and select “Boot from CD/DVD.”
- First, it will load files.
- Now, settings appear. Select the language, time and currency format, Keyboard or input method from here.
- Click “Next” to move ahead.
- Select “Install Now” to start the installation process.
- Here, click the options “I accept the license terms” and “Next.”
- Two installation types appear: Custom and Upgrade. Select “Custom” if you want to install a clean copy of Windows. Select “Upgrade” if you don’t want to delete current files and apps.
- Now, select a drive where you want to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
- The system starts copying files.
- In the next section, the file expanding and then the installation process starts.
- Wait for a while until the installation reaches 100%. In the meantime, the system will restart for several times. Don’t interfere in the process.
- Finally, Windows 7 Home Premium is ready to use.
- Add the product key and enjoy using innovative features of Windows 7 Home Premium.
Features of Windows 7 Home Premium
It’s compatible with various productivity programs of Windows XP.
Now, create a home network to share your photos, audio, and video files by using Wizard.
It has an automatic backup feature to recover data.
It supports TV apps. You can use the pause, rewind and record features.
The desktop navigation is swifter in this version of Windows. Switching between different apps is speedier now.
The search is more powerful and precise than the predecessor.
The Startup is faster and does not take much time. You can shut down, hibernate, sleep and start the Windows within a few seconds.
Windows 7 Home Premium has a powerful Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.
Windows Live Mail allows you to know the latest emails without opening your mailbox. It shows the latest emails on the screen. So, you do not need to check your mailbox again and again.
Now, it is more convenient for you to do the web surfing. It is easier and a lot better than in Windows XP.
You can customize the Windows in your desired way. You can change the themes, wallpaper, icons and taskbar programs. Give a new touch to your Windows now.
Setting up the Printer and Scanner is very easy due to the wizard.
The Live photo gallery in this edition of Windows allows you to share your favorite images to your desired photo site with a click.
Windows Live Family Safety is another amazing feature by Microsoft added in Windows 7 Home Premium. It allows you to block the unfavorable sites for your children. Even, it manages the emails and the communication ways.