Windows 8 got immense popularity among PC users due to its stylish display and attractive features. It was released in four editions: Pro, Core, Enterprise, and RT. Pro, Core, and Enterprise were for PC users whereas; RT was for tablets. I am going to discuss here Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise that was particularly developed for entrepreneurs. Microsoft released Windows 8 Enterprise but it had some flaws. So, an updated Windows 8.1 Enterprise was released soon to cover the follies in the predecessor version.
Related: Windows 8/8.1 Pro ISO
Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO 64-bit
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit, 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16GB Hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit
- 1GHz or above processor
Download & Install Windows 8.1 Enterprise
I have divided the downloading and installation into two phases. In the first part, we will create bootable USB flash drive and the next phase will explain the installation guide. So, let’s start with the methods of creating bootable Windows 8.1 USB flash drive.
Method 1: Create Bootable Windows 8.1 Enterprise Via Rufus
Rufus creates Windows 8.1 Enterprise bootable USB flash drive with a few clicks. It works automatically and you don’t need to follow a long process.
- Click Here to download Rufus.
- Now, double-click to “rufus.exe” and click “Install” to start the installation.
- When it’s over, launch the tool.
- Now, download Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO from the section above. (Make sure that you have downloaded the accurate version of ISO file. Before downloading, check your system’s version whether it’s 64-bit or 32-bit?)
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- Open the tool (Rufus) and click to “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, select “Browse” to locate Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO and click “Next.”
- Select “Start” and “Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO.”
- Now, the tool will convert the ISO file into an executable file within a few minutes.
- That’s it. Your Windows 8.1 Pro bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB with PC and reboot it to start the installation.
Method # 2: Create Bootable USB via CMD
This method involves a list of commands. That’s why it’s a complicated method for a newbie. So, use it if you are an expert user of Command Prompt.
Follow the steps below to create a bootable USB flash drive.
- Download Windows 8.1 Pro ISO from the above section and save it to your PC.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with your PC.
- Go to the Start menu and search “Command Prompt.”
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” from the context menu.
- In Command Prompt, type the following commands and press “Enter” every time.
- “list disk”
- “select disc #” (Here, replace “#” with the number where you want to install Windows.)
- “Create partition primary”
- “select partition 1” (You can write here the drive name like D: or E: )
- “format fs=NTFS”
- Type “assign letter=X” (Use any available letter.)
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here.
- Now give the last command to copy the ISO file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows a copy of the ISO file.
- That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Close Command Prompt Admin.
- Reboot your system.
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive to your PC and reboot it.
- When the Windows logo appears, press F2 and Esc key at the same time to enter BIOS.
- Select “Boot” from here.
- Press the down arrow to move through the list of options and select “USB” here.
- A few options appear here. Select the accurate one and select “Exit Saving Changes” to exit BIOS.
- Now, click on your desired language.
- From the same page, select the keyboard input method and Time & Currency format.
- Here, select the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
- Insert the product key.
- Now, click the box “I Accept the Terms” to proceed.
- Here, you will see two types of installation: Upgrade and Custom. Select Upgrade if you don’t want to delete current settings, apps, and data. Select “Custom” if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows.
- Now, create multiple partitions in your Hard disk drive.
- Here, select the drive where you want to install Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
- That’s it. It will show you the installation process in percentage. Wait for a while until it sets up the Windows.
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Features
The basic features for Windows 8 Core, Pro and Enterprise are the same, but Enterprise edition has some unique features for businessmen. Let’s have a look at its important features.
It focuses on the larger organizations and has all the features useful for entrepreneurs.
DirectAccess ensures remote users to access their desired corporate network. They don’t need to download a third-party VPN. It connects you with your remote network with an IPv4 infrastructure.
More powerful BranchCache ensures access to the branch office servers and local PCs cache files from remote servers. You can access the subsequent files rapidly.
AppLocker allows you to lock your desires apps under a secure password. You can restrict Windows 8 apps from standard desktop apps by using it.
RemoteFX ensures support for remote USB and touch devices. You can run Windows 8 desktop in a VDI environment.
Secure Boot ensures loading a secure operating system during the start-up process. It identifies the OS during the start-up process and prevents viruses, malware, adware and Trojans from loading.
Semantic Zoom brings more comfort for readers. You can pinch-to-zoom in and out to read the documents or news. You don’t need to scroll down the page.
Microsoft Office’s complete set of components allows you to create documents, sheets, presentations and meeting notes readily.
Windows To Go brings a manageable Windows edition. You can customize hibernate, TPM, Windows Recovery Environment and other features.
This version of Windows supports up to 512GB RAM on x64 version and 4GBRAM on x86 version. It supports two physical CPUs.
Internet Explorer 10 is even faster and securer. Nobody can steal your personal data or information.
The apps in live tiles are customizable. The live tiles bring updates automatically for you. For example, the Mail app shows the number of emails and keeps fetching updates. You don’t need to refresh it again and again to view the latest emails.
Lock Screen is a unique addition where you get the latest email alerts, weather, and news alerts without unlocking your PC. It brings meeting alerts, Camera and other features. The Lock Screen is fully customizable.
Windows Defender protects your system from malicious software. It defends Windows and your documents from viruses, Trojans, malware, and adware.
Enhanced Task Manager brings easier operation for you now.
It supports multiple languages.
The apps list has a powerful search feature. You can access an app instantly by typing a few letters in the search bar.
Refresh and reset your PC is very easy now. You can refresh it with one click now. So, when your PC is running slower due to bugs, just tap the refresh button to get a refreshed and faster PC.