Windows 8 has a unique display, appearance and unique features. Microsoft has released it in four editions. But I am discussing here Windows 8/8.1 Pro that’s the most wanted edition of this Windows. Windows 8 Pro missed various important features for professionals. That’s why Microsoft released Windows 8.1 Pro update to cover the missing features.
Related: Windows 8 Core ISO
Download Windows 8/8.1 Pro
Windows 8 Pro x64 ISO
Windows 8 Pro x86 ISO
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit, 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16GB Hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit
- 1GHz or above processor
Download & Install Windows 8 Pro
Downloading and installation will take place in two parts. In the first phase, I will create Windows 8 Pro bootable USB/DVD and the next phase will explain installation.
Method 1: Create Bootable Windows 8 Pro Via Rufus
Creating a bootable USB flash drive by using Rufus is very easy. It’s for inexperienced users. In this method, you need to follow a few clicks and Rufus will complete the process automatically.
- Click Here to download the tool.
- Now, go to Downloads and click “rufus.exe” to start the installation.
- When the installation is over, launch the tool.
- Now, download Windows 8 Pro ISO from the Download section of this post. (Check your system’s version whether it’s 64-bit or 32-bit. Download the accurate version’s ISO file.)
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- In Rufus, click the option “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, select “Browse” to open Windows 8 Pro ISO and click “Next.”
- Now, click the option “Start” and “Windows 8 Pro ISO.”
- Rufus will convert the ISO image into an executable file within a couple of minutes.
- That’s it. Your Windows 8.1 Pro bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB with PC and restart it to start the installation.
Method # 2: Create Bootable USB via CMD
This method involves some commands. That’s why it seems a bit complicated method. So, I will recommend you to use it if you are an expert in Command Prompt.
Follow the steps below to create a bootable USB flash drive.
- Download Windows 8.1 Pro ISO from the above section and save it to your PC.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with your PC.
- Open the Start menu and look for the Command Prompt.
- Right-click on CMD and select “Run as Administrator” here.
- Here, type a few commands and press Enter every time.
- “list disk”
- “select disc #” (Here, replace “#” with the number where you want to install Windows.)
- “Create partition primary”
- “select partition 1” (You can write here the drive name like C: or D: )
- “format fs=NTFS”
- Type “assign letter=X” (You can use any available letter.)
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here.
- Now give the last command to copy the ISO file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows a copy of the ISO file.
- That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Close CMD Administrator.
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive to the system and restart it.
- When you see the Windows logo, keep pressing F2 and Esc key at the same time to enter BIOS.
- Select “Boot” from here.
- Press the down arrow to move through the list of options and select “USB” here.
- It will show you a few options. Select the relevant option and select “Exit Saving Changes” to exit BIOS.
- Now, click on your preferred language.
- From the same page, select the keyboard input method and Time & Currency format.
- Here, select the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
- Insert the product key.
- Now, click the box “I Accept the Terms” to proceed.
- Here, select the type of installation from “Upgrade” or “Custom.” If you want to keep previous data and files, select “Upgrade.” Select the “Custom: Install Windows only” option if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows.
- Now, make partitions of your Hard disk drive and select the drive where you want to install Windows.
- That’s it. It will show you the installation process in percentage. Wait for a while until it sets up the Windows.
Windows 8/8.1 Pro Features
If you are using Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic or Home Premium, you can upgrade to Windows 8. But you can’t upgrade to Windows 8 Pro. It’s only for users who are using Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate. Windows 8 Pro has very attractive features for users. The basic features for Windows 8 Core and Windows 8 Pro are the same, but there are some additional features too. Let’s have a look at its striking features.
It supports easy gestures. The touch screen and swiping from left to the right and from right to the left display Charms menu.
Semantic Zoom brings more comfort for readers. You can pinch-to-zoom in and out to read the documents or news. You don’t need to scroll down the page.
Since it’s for professional people, it has Microsoft Office complete set of components. You can create documents, sheets, presentations and meeting notes by using MS Office features.
Internet Explorer 10 is even faster and securer. Nobody can steal your personal data or information.
The apps appear in the customizable live tiles with automatic updates. For example, the Mail app shows the number of emails and keeps fetching updates. You don’t need to refresh it again and again to view the latest emails. In the same way, News and Calendar apps bring the latest news and alerts for upcoming events.
Windows Defender protects your system from malicious software. It defends Windows and your documents from viruses, Trojans, malware, and adware.
Enhanced Task Manager brings easier operation for you now.
You can change the language easily due to the Language packs in it.
It provides you with a better multiple monitor support if you are using multiple monitors for a project.
Now access remotely to a desktop and provide assistance to your clients due to the revolutionary Remote Desktop (client) feature. It’s faster and uninterrupted to access files and data remotely.
Lock Screen is a unique addition where you get the latest email alerts, weather, and news alerts without unlocking your PC. It brings meeting alerts, Camera and other features. The Lock Screen is fully customizable.
The apps list has a powerful search feature. You can access an app instantly by typing a few letters in the search bar.
Refresh and reset your PC is very easy now. You can refresh it with one click now. So, when your PC is running slower due to bugs, just tap the refresh button to get a refreshed and faster PC.