After using Windows 7, an innovative user interface and tiled apps in Windows 8 give an entirely new feeling. Microsoft released Windows 8 in 4 editions: Core, Pro, Enterprise and RT. Due to entirely new features and stylish outlook, it conquered the hearts of people. Everybody wanted to get Windows 8. Although it had a few missings, still it made a great success among PC users.
Related: Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO
Download Windows 8 Core
Windows 8 Core ISO 32-bit
Windows 8 Core ISO 64-bit
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit, 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16GB Hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit
- 1GHz or above processor
Download & Install Windows 8 Core
Downloading and installation of Windows 8 is divided into two parts. In the first part, we will download the ISO file and will create a bootable USB flash drive. In the next part, we will install Windows 8 Core.
Method 1: Create Bootable Windows 8 Core Via Rufus
It’s a very easy method and a newbie can use it to create a bootable USB flash drive. You will follow only a few clicks to do so.
- Click Here to download the tool.
- Now, click the downloaded file to start the installation.
- When the installation is over, launch the tool.
- Now, download Windows 8 Core ISO from the above section. (Check your system’s version before you download it. If it’s 64-bit or 32-bit, download the ISO file accordingly.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- Open Rufus and select the option “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, select “Browse” to locate the Windows 8 Core ISO.
- Click “Next” from here.
- Now, select “Start” and “Windows 8 Core ISO.”
- Rufus starts converting the ISO image into an executable file. The process takes a couple of minutes.
- Your Windows 8 Core bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB with PC and restart it to start the installation.
Method # 2: Create Bootable USB via CMD
It’s a bit lengthy method and a newbie can’t follow it easily. So, I advise you to use it only if you are an expert in using CMD.
Follow the steps below to create USB via Command Prompt Administrator.
- Download Windows 8 Core ISO from the above section and save it to your PC.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with your PC.
- Go to the Start menu, and look for the Command Prompt.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” from here.
- Here, type a few commands and press Enter every time.
- “list disk”
- “select disc #” (Here, replace “#” with the number where you want to install Windows.)
- “Create partition primary”
- “select partition 1” (You can write here the drive name like E: or D: )
- “format fs=NTFS”
- Type “assign letter=X” (You can use any available letter.)
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here.
- Now give the final command to copy the ISO file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows a copy of the ISO file.
- That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Close CMD Administrator.
- Attach the bootable USB to the system and restart it.
- When you see the Windows logo, keep pressing F2 and Esc key to enter BIOS.
- Select “Boot” from here.
- Press the down arrow and select the USB option here.
- It will show you a few options. Select the relevant option and Press “Exit Saving Changes” to exit BIOS.
- Select your preferred language from here.
- From the same page, select the keyboard input method and Time & Currency format.
- On the next screen, select the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
- In the next section, insert the product key. (I have provided the product key in the above section.)
- Now, click the box “I Accept the Terms” to proceed.
- Here, select the type of installation from “Upgrade” or “Custom.” If you want to keep previous data and files, select “Upgrade.” Select the “Custom: Install Windows only” option if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows.
- Now, make partitions of your Hard disk drive and select the drive where you want to install Windows.
- That’s it. It will show you the installation process in percentage. Wait for a while until it sets up the Windows.
Windows 8 Core Features
Windows 8 has lots of attractive features. It has an entirely new outlook for users. Let’s see how does it make a difference to your productivity?
It’s entirely a new version that has easy gestures. It supports the touch screen and swiping from left to the right and vice versa to display a Charms menu.
Semantic Zoom is a great feature added to Windows 8. You can use pinch-to-zoom in and out instead of scrolling the page downward. It’s particularly useful when you are reading the news.
The apps lie in the live tiles and provide updates automatically. News app shows the recent updates. The Calendar app brings alerts for upcoming events. Similarly, the Mail app shows the latest emails. So, you don’t need to refresh again and again to view the latest news, mails, and events.
Beautiful Lock Screen brings the latest weather and email alerts even when your PC is locked. It also brings upcoming meeting alerts, Camera and “Switch-User” features. You can customize the Lock Screen to add your photos and slides to it.
The apps list appears with a powerful search feature. When you type a few letters regarding an app, it shows the relevant results instantly.
It is easy to refresh and reset your PC. With the one-click process, you can refresh your PC. So, when you have bugs and a slower PC, just tap the refresh button and enjoy a refreshed and bugs-free PC.
Sync your Settings feature ensures personalize photos, colors, background, lock screen account picture and other settings.
It brings smooth functioning, quick switching between apps and quick operation of tasks.